Diet in Pregnancy – Origyn IVF
40 weeks of pregnancy is a magical time in woman’s life . For keeping healthy diet in pregnancy as well as before and after includes some steps :
- Eating a balanced diet .
- Gaining right amount of weight .
- Enjoying light and regular exercises .
- Taking vitamin and mineral supplement ,adviced by physician .
- Avoiding alcohol, tobacco, other harmful substances .
Diet which can eat freely:
- Food which do not contain significant amounts of carbohydrates or energy .
- Non starchy vegetables such as green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, lady’s fingers.
- Unsweetened beverages eg- water, non cream soups, unsweetened chrysanthemum tea.
- Rice and alternatives eg rice, noodles, bread , cereals, crackers.
- Starchy vegetables eg- potato , pumpkin, sweetcorn .
Diet which should eat in controlled amounts:
As specified in your meal plan – foods which contain carbohydrates.
- Seasonings and non sweet sauces eg- soy sauce, curry powder, herbs , spices, pepper, vinegar.
- Pulses and beans eg- backed beans, red beans, green beans.
- Fresh fruits eg- apple, pear, grapes, banana.
- Milk and dairy products eg- skimmed milk, plain, yoghurt.
Diet which should avoid / restrict:
- Sugars and sweet foods eg- table sugar, honey, fruit juice, sweet drinks, cakes, chocolates, desserts.
- Fats and oils eg- fried food, foods cooked with coconut milk or cream, nuts.
- Limit sweet sauces like tomoto ketchup and chilli sauce.
- Limit plain tea and coffee to prevent excessive caffeine intake.
Talk to the best team of fertility experts in the India today for all your pregnancy and fertility-related queries.