10 Things You Must Do After IUI Treatment To Increase IUI Success Rate
It’s every couple’s dream to plan for children and start a new chapter of their life, but in some cases, conceiving a child can be just a dream for a couple. Couples who can’t conceive through natural processes, they opt for various methods from medical sciences. One of them is IUI, Intrauterine Insemination.
Intrauterine Insemination(IUI) is a fertility treatment in which the semen(that has been washed) from male partner is transferred directly into the female partner’s uterus with the help of a thin catheter. This method is mostly used during the time of ovulation or by using fertility drugs to increase the chance of conception.
Who Can Have An IUI Procedure?
Women with cervical and men with ejaculation dysfunction can go for this treatment.
Some more indications can be:
- Cervical factor
- Mild endometriosis
- Ovulatory dysfunction
Although, The success rate of IUI is 10% – 30%. And there are some things you can do to improve the chances of achieving a high success rate for IUI treatment. Here is what you can do:
- Eat Healthy: It is highly advisable to maintain a healthy and balanced diet after IUI treatment. A good health and fitness leads to successful fertilization. It’s better to include more protein in your diet and other foods like nuts, eggs, flax seeds and whole grains. Adding these food items in your diet can give a successful fertilization.
- Get in touch with a fertility expert: It is best to stay in constant touch with your fertility expert after IUI treatment. Sometimes, experts can suggest the right ways to achieve conception, so make sure you’re reaching out to the right person for treatment. Origyn IVF is the best place for IUI treatment in Delhi. You can get assistance from the beginning to the final stage of the treatments here.
- Start exercising: A little exercise is always the best! Don’t let IUI treatment stop you from workouts. IVF experts advise that moderate exercise is suitable for IUI. But don’t go for rigorous or extreme workout routines, because you just have to keep moving and stay active. That’s why light exercises are best to do during this period as it also enhances blood flow to the uterus and other reproductive organs.
- Build and maintain a positivity in you: To keep you away from stress, maintaining a positive attitude is a must during and after the process. It will be better for your health and body if you feel happy and positive in these times. It will also help you to achieve good mental health.
- Maintain a healthy sleep pattern: After Intrauterine insemination procedure, it is crucial for both mother and child if they don’t get enough sleep. IVFexperts recommend getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep. It will not only help to keep you fresh but also improves mental health and releases your stress.
These are the major things that you need to do after IUI treatment in order to achieve a high success rate.
But there are also certain things which can reduce the success rate of IUI treatment and achieving pregnancy:
- Avoid Stress: Stress is the biggest threat after an IUI procedure. It can cause an imbalance in hormones like ‘happy hormones’ and will affect the process of fertilization in the uterus leading to reducing chances of getting pregnant.
- Avoid Drinking and smoking: After IUI, one must skip indulging in any smoking or drinking practices to avoid complications. It has major harmful effects on the women’s health and it can even cause abnormality in the child.
- Try keeping yourself out of harmful radiations: After the IUI procedure, you must stay away from any kind of harmful radiation. Avoid exposure to sunlight directly for a long period of time.
- Avoid unhealthy or Junk food items: it is preferred to eat fresh home cooked food after this procedure. Avoid eating fish as it can damage the nervous system of the baby. Avoid taking soda, alcohol, raw animal products and low fat dairy products.
- Avoid taking pain relief medicines: If you suffer from cramps and pain after an IUI procedure, don’t go for pain relief medicines as it reduces IUI success rate. But if the problem is unbearable, consult your doctor.
When you opt for such important and artificial procedures, it is highly advisable to look after the do’s and don’ts of the things you can do afterwards. Because this period is very crucial to observe and get successful results. Origyn IVF takes care of everything for couples who can’t conceive and provides full assistance in the best IVF and IUI treatment in Delhi.